Sammis Family

Sammis Family

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008
















We had a awesome Christmas this year- it seemed short, probably because it was- great nonetheless! On Decemer 23rd we had our "family" Christmas day-just Bry, me & Elise. We went for a run, dropped off a smoked turkey to a cute mexican family in our ward, delivered a little santa to an elderly couple we've adopted in the neighorhood next to ours, and made a turkey feast! It was a special year- I say special because Bry actually kept my christmas present a secret for the first time in his life (usually he gets so giddy & gleeful that he reveals it ridiculously early- even when I'm not even trying to figure out what it is). However this year he pulled off quite the scheme. In October he got this Backyard swing from Lowe's that I have wanted since the summer. To keep it a secret, he hid it at the Toone's house (who were out of town) - & neither they nor Bry revealed it for the 2 months. On our family Christmas day I had gone out for a run y myself because it was bitter cold (well for north carolina) & we didnt want to kill Elise (I know, thoughtful). Half a mile out I got all sentimental & thought- this is our little family christmas day & here I am spending it by myself running in the cold. So I cut out the 3 mile loop I had planned on doing and turned home. I was a little suprised to see Bry driving down our street, but not shocked ecause sometimes Elise gets cranky & a good carride puts her right out- so I ran towards the car to hitch a ride & he kept on driving. hahah funny joke Bry, let me in. So he realized he couldn't shake my super speed (haha) and let me in. The front seat was all pushed forward and laid down so I asked why and he quickly said he was cleaning out the car (a frequent hobby of his) so I didnt even think twice. Like a true dad in distress, he had no shoes on. So we drove around a while & then got home to get ready and start cooking our own turkey feast. Then he couldnt take all the secrets anymore (its hilarous- he can't keep a total secret to save his life) so he told me that he ignored me because he was going to pick up my present but I ruined it by coming back early. I immediately thought of his bare feet & I asked him how he was going to get it without any shoes. He told me he could get it naked if he wanted. That was a ridiculous mental picture and I could tell by the look on his face that I could coax it out of him within seconds, so I told him to just go get the present. So he hopped in the car with his shoes on and fully clothed=) and came back with just what I wanted- the outdoor swing! He was so proud of his secret & so was I=) And thankfully the Toone's were out of town or they could have got quite an eyeful if things went down like Bry had imagined=)










Christmas eve & Christmas were spent down in Greenville visiting our families. We had so much fun playing with Grammie and Poopah, Aunt Rachie, Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Emily, Uncle Craig, Uncle Kevie & soon to e Aunt Sarah! We missed court and troy- but at least we'll see Court this weekend for Kev and Sarah's wedding on Saturday!





Christmas with Elise was amazing- remembering Christ seemed easier and his atonement meant more than ever. We hope 2009 will e as special and blessed as 2008! We love you all and wish you a late Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

5 comments:

Bloom Family said...

Your daughter is SOOO cute you guys. Natalie, I can totally see you in her! Merry Christmas!

Maren and Rik said...

Your daughter does look so cute in her little Christmas dress! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

Hey to the Sammis family! It sounds like you had a great Christmas holiday. We enjoyed the story about the Christmas surprise, it's always tricky trying to sneak around each other. Elise is such a doll, I can't believe how big she is getting. Jon tried calling Bryan but he has the wrong number. We wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jenna said...

So cute! My mom is in love with your baby! I hear each day, that little Elise is just so cute! Wish I was out there with Anne and Rach. Hope you guys are having fun!

Jennifer Ames said...

Such a doll!