Sammis Family

Sammis Family

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One year old!!!!
















Elise had an awesome time celebrating her first birthday. On Sunday Feb 1st we had my parents and bry's parents and aunt Emily over for Super bowl sunday. It was crazy to think last superbowl we were sitting in the hospital room with our new baby just hours old.. Time is ridiculously sped up when you are an adult I've decided. I made a cookie cake for Elise and for us that were decorated with chocolate frosting. It was hilarious to see Elise feel like a million bucks when we sang "happy birthday" to her. I have it on video but I am not sure how to format our fancy video recorder so I'll figure it out and post it one of these days. After her cookie cake she got quite a sugar high (a good happy one not a whiny stressful one.) so we threw her in the tub and the grandma's had so much fun watching her play in there=) She got a new wagon from Grammie and poopah Sammis and noah's ark from my parents. Aunt Em got her a singing book that sings all by itself which is good for her and me. It was wonderful to have family time all together- just perfect.





On Elise's real birthday, the 3rd, we took her to Pet smart and Zaxby's. She loves to say "woof" at puppies=) bry had the day off so it was another good day. Its crazy to think my baby is one already. She is such a joyful child. She loves to make us laugh and we love it!





Elise is also walking! Her friend Hannah played with us yesterday because her mom, Ashley, had her little girl yesterday! Ellie is her name and she is adorable! When we went to see her in the hospital Elise decided to walk. It was amazing. She just took 10 steps in a row all at once... She has been holding back I know for a while because she learned how to stand up in the middle of a room for a while now but wouldnt budge those feet. For some reason she decided yesterday was the day=) We took a video of it this morning - she just took tiny steps on it - so so cute!





6 comments:

Adam and Lisa said...

Ah, she is so cute!!!

Laura Campbell said...

Natalie! I can't believe she is so big! She looks more like you every day.

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday Elise! I can't believe she is a year already. That first picture looks like a Mommy expression! :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Ashley and Nate said...

That 2nd pic of you and Elise is precious! Isn't it thrilling to see Elise walking...look out, now it's a whole new world. With Ellie and all, I guess Elise decided she didn't want to be the baby any more. Happy Birthday Sweet Elise!

April said...

It's amazing how fast they change around the first year! She's so expressive and animated now, yay big girl walking! Happy Birthday (late) pretty girl :)

Emily said...

She is so stinking cute! April did the same crawl that Elise does! We called it the "monkey crawl!" Good job walking!