We went to Naples, Florida last week for our 3rd anniversary. When I say "we" I mean only Bryan and I. Lisee poo stayed with the dear old grandparents! I can't thank them enough for watching our whirlwind of a child and for loving her more and more with each visit. With that said, I do believe was in for a shock when we finally got her back to real life. Real life meaning the word "no" reintroduced to her vocabulary, bedtime at 8:30 instead of 10:00, and the funniest part- trying to explain to her that our car does not have a flip down DVD player to watch Elmo at her every whim. It's hilarious, I have to admit, to watch her just point at the ceiling and calmly repeat Elmo over and over. I try to explain it to her and just when I think she comprehends, she looks at me as serious as can be and points to the ceiling and says Elmo. I can't help but smile!
Naples for Bryan and I was awesome! It definitley put that old time feeling back into our relationship. I rediscovered him as my best friend and my sweet husband. I do love him so much. Instead of renting a car the whole time we rented bikes and rode around like crazy all over Naples. We dined at the finest places...well one fine place, Ruth's Chris, and the rest of it included Cheeburger Cheeburger (YUM!), a pizza place, and other random establishments involving my other true love, food. We had a great time and as I told Bry, I really liked just enjoying the time together while developing a tan before summer actually begins to make others jealous=) ahah sorrry friends! It was wonderful and I had a great time.
Mothers day was an adventure. We went to church and Elise was a terror. I thought she was just readjusting after missing us for 5 days but just as bry had to go to work and I was home alone with Elise, she started hurling. Not baby barfing, child barfing. BIG DIfference my friends...big big difference. This barf had no boundaries, it crossed rooms and hallways and many changes of clothes. As I was scrubbing the carpet I couldn't help but laugh because I don't think mother's day should have gone like it did, much less any day at that! But our awesome neighbor Patty brought over a cookie bouquet and it made my day! Bry came home and made some dinner and all was well again. Fun times.
Well I have blabbered long enough. We are excited to go to Adam Patterson's and Kristin's wedding this weekend in Charleston, SC. The month of may is awesome for me-- not to mention the trip to Utah next week to see Court, my little sister!! I can't wait- she hasn't even seen Elise walk yet. Until next time....
6 comments:
the picture with her face against the door...I am speechless...seriously I don't know what to say. OMG it cracks me up...omg.
natalie- you have THE cutest, rolliest, polliest, little girl!!! that picture- you know the one- is hilarious! eric and i just spent 5 minutes laughing so hard- she is sooo cute!! hope you're doing well! looks like you had a fun time in FL, too- lucky you! miss you!
I don't know how one can't smile at those pictures of her. So stinking cute. Sorry she got sick I didn't know that, and I would still like to now what you got for Mother's Day:)
ps can you email me so I can send you an invite to our blog. I know you must be dying not being able to read it. haha
Oh Elise, you split my sides! And the vacation sounded oh-so-fabulous, it's nice to be reminded of each other once in a while.
So many cute pictures of Elise! The screen door ones cracked me up! :) Glad you guys got to get away for a few days.
Hey my concert going friend.. send me the eamil you want me to send the invite to:
madyson_12@hotmail.com
Post a Comment