Sammis Family

Sammis Family

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Utah and back!

Well Elise and I packed up last Tuesday and made our way down to Greenville to fly with my mom and Emily to Utah for my sister's (Courtney) wedding. All was pretty smooth leaving, including me making fun of my dad's newest clothing purchase which are some ghetto jeans that he thinks are cool and is confused why his wallet hits his knees when he walks. However, I think it should be touching his midcalf if the jeans we actually where they were supposed to be worn but were instead cinched up past his belly button. Because Bry couldn't come because of work obligations, I decided to pull out the camera cord and give him some pictures of me making fun of my dad before I left for the trip. He got them and I must have left my cord at my parents house because after unpacking I have not found it. It could also be in the bookbag that was lost by the airlines and is still being tracked down and last heard was in Atlanta with Delta (Yeah I flew Continental...) Well we accidently left an hour early for the airport because we are dislexic and all thought we were leaving at 2:05 but really we were leaving at 2:50. Needless to say there was no line and GSP is probably one of the smallest airports in the world. So Elise and I walked up and down the one hall it has while she was somewhat on the edge of having a breakdown. Thankfully she fell asleep right as we got on the plane and we didnt hear a peep out of her. Then to Houston to switch planes. Elise woke up ate and needed to go walking again. I am getting some ripped biceps is all I have to say! We ate some sandwiches and got back on the plane. The stewardess informed me I was not in the infant seat (which they purposely assigned me to I thought) So right as we were about to take off she made this teenage guy switch with me and I had to lug all my stuff out of the window seat and into another window seat directly behind me. I did get to sit by an old man named Sonny who was more redneck than about 95% of the people I know, which is really saying something. He is writing an autobiography and told me to watch for it in stores! Look out! We made it to salt lake finally and elise had some painful issues with landing that time and she wouldnt take a bottle or a pacifier so that was fun... However we made it. We rented a sweet van that was brand new and rode into the night to meet Aunt Courtney for the first time! We met at Wal-mart (where else would Conklins meet?!) because we had to buy a bed for elise. Court fell in love with her I'm pretty sure and she held her all through the aisles of Wally world. I know touching! Then we stayed at La Quinta Inn and it was supringly modern (I dont say that because I'm from nc and impressed with indoor plumbing, but because the decorations were "new-aged".) Anywho we all went to sleep finally and Elise slept like a dream.
Day 2
I took court's car to go visit some of my best friends- minus a few because of schedules, last-minuteness, and moves, but I had a great time. Elise was really good and we all laughed at her smiles and her chubbiness. It was so good to see everyone! It was suprising to see how little Hannah's little guy was compared to me and Holly's giant babies=) Fun fun. It was also fun to see Lance be a little overwhelmed by small babies and the thought of having one (and even funnier to hear him say later that he thought babies only went through 1 to 2 diapers a day! hahahah HIlarious!) Jen was so great to let us all come over and to arrange all the food items. Carson and Anne came and I was so suprised by Carson's love of babies (especially Elise!) Many thank you's to Cars for relieving my arms and back to take Elise on some bouncy walks throughout the week.
My mom had picked up my Dad, brother and his fiance heather, and called and said they were eating at Chuck-a-Rama (a giant Utah buffet which has Apple beer to drink, my dad's favorite - dont worry no alchohol- my dad is silly enough). I spent too long talking and missed out but it was worth it. I picked up court's wedding gift (which was a specialized wooden plaque of their name and another with a scripture about charity on it) and then went by carmax to say hello to bry's work friends and invite court's work buddies to a suprise shower being thrown that night at cracker barrell!
We went to Court's apartment to see it for the first time and it was awesome- beautiful mountain views and everything. Then we went to dinner with Aunt Jo and Uncle jerry, and my Grandma Frueh. She likes to inform everyone that they're fat.. Its hilarious. she told my sister Emily as she was pouring olive oil to dip her bread in, "That's 2 pounds!" (Meaning she would gain two pounds if she ate that.) Oh grandma! Then we had troy whisk court away so we could set up her surprise shower at Cracker Barrell (orginally where court wanted to have her reception.. long story! haha) Thanks to Troy's genius it was pulled off perfectly and about 25 friends and family totally shocked court by being there to celebrate with her for a bridal shower!
Day 3
I woke up early and went running then I got ready and left Elise with Craig and Heather while I went with my mom, dad, and court to the temple for courtney to receive her Endowments for the first time at Mt. Timpanogos temple. In the temple you make your commitment to your faith even stronger by covenanting with the Lord to be faithful, obey the commandments found in the scriptures, serve others and follow Christ. It is a wonderful experience. Then we picked up heather and craig (who are troopers because Elise screamed for an hour for them ..sad.. but before that Craig taught elise how to stick out her tongue and laugh at him while he stuck his tongue out at her!) and we ate lunch at Guru's - a favorite spot of me and bry's. I am not sure how everyone else liked it but I thought it was good! Then me and mom took court to get a pedicure and manicure for her big day and did a little last minute shopping. Dad and the rest of the gang went to Kinko's to blow up a picture of kevin so we could have him life size in the wedding pictures. Kev is on a church mission in Cananda and has to miss the wedding =(. So we thought he could be there in poster form! He came out a bit larger than life but quite hilarious. We went to the Pizza Factory with Troy's family and even Bry's dad who was visiting in Ogden on business (small world!) and it was a whirlwind but a great time being with everyone. I was wiped out so we went to the hotel and all fell asleep!
Day 4
Another early morning, as I got up and left Elise with dad smiling and giggly as she always is in the morning. I went for a run to Court's apartment to suprise her and get her ready for the wedding at 1 that day. So we packed and tried on her dress again and did make-up. I dropped her off at her hair appointment (which took almost 2 hours! but came out GORGEOUS and only cost $4.95, yes less than five dollars because it was a beauty school.. but you never would have known!) I picked up some snacks for court to eat before the wedding and also on her honeymoon and accidently left my wallet in her car--and didnt realize until they were leaving for the wedding! So they had to drop it off later in their apartment where we had a key for. Anywho somehow dad got in the mix driving and switching cars so my dad drove with court and troy to the temple (not exactly as planned but oh well!) While the rest of us loaded up in the van and scurried to the temple! Elise was having a rough time probably due to gas and sleep deprivation, so I stayed outside the temple and walked many laps around it during the ceremony. Then they finally came out and we took pictures and had so much fun seeing them as a happy couple. We all met at a cute little restaurant in Lindon called Los Hermanos and even had kevin's poster sitting in a chair. Elise was still on teh edge so I circled the room almost the whole time! After eating and posing with the poster of kevin (my dad thought it was SO fun to make him pretend he was doing different things like paying for the meal and other bizzarre things but it kept him busy so it was good!). We made our way to the reception house, the Bungalow and took pictures and greeted everyone. It was a beautiful spot and it was so good to see so many friends and family. Court and Troy were so cute on their first dance! I wanted to hang out with anne and carson and rachel more so I made my way back to provo with them and we all hung out at anne's apartment for a while until I went back to the hotel.
Day 5
Since all the wedding fiascos were over, we decided to go skiing up in Brighton. It was SO much fun and the last weekend the slopes were open. I skied and so did my dad while heather and craig snowboarded which I tried for about 30 minutes and wiped out pretty good! I had so much fun flying down the mountain with my family=) I sure missed Bry though. Next time he's coming with me and we will make up for lost time! I was pretty exhausted by the end and I bet my mom and em were too from watching Elise. She was ok but had a screaming bout again for them which can be stressful. So I took the helm and we drove down to temple square while me and Elise stayed in the car and talked to Bry while everyone else had fun touristing. (if thats a real word..) We came back to Provo to eat and had Noodles and Company which was awesome because I had mac and cheese with parmesean crusted chicken and fresca on tap! Great food. then we went to a little icecream/cookie place called smartcookie and it was tasty too! Jen and lance, rach, brenna, carson and Anne met us there and we hung out for a while. I am so thankful for such good friends! They are wonderful. Then back to the hotel to sleep once more!
Day 6
We woke up early to go to church and it felt good to listen and relax. We packed up all our things and made our way to the airport with a ridonculous amount of luggage in the back and in our laps. Elise was having a hard time so dad gave her a priesthood blessing in the airport which made things so much better. I am thankful for the priesthood power. We had long flights home but Elise was so good and the end was in sight. We made it home at about 11ish and Bry met us at the airport. We drove back to charlotte and made it home at about 1 a.m. We were wiped out but I was so excited to see my bry again it was hard to sleep! I am so thankful for him. He really missed me and Elise and is so sweet to both of us.

The trip was so much fun to see everyone and get to be there for Court. I am so glad she married in the temple and I hope she is having fun on her honeymoon which was all over utah, nevada, and California!

No comments: