Halloween was a lot of fun this year. I searched and searched for the cutest monkey costume I could find. Old Navy had this monkey one for $10 on their website so I ordered it and when it came in the mail I wanted Elise to model it for me, of course! But to my great dismay, when I opened the little monkey jacket tethered by velcro, Elise clenched her little fists, drew them up to her chin and shook her head back and forth and said "no,no, back, back." This is Elise's classic terror look and I knew she had already been scarred. We tried convincing her that she would love it and that she would get candy when she put it on, but nothing was working. A week before Halloween, Courtney, our little neighbor who is 6 months older than Elise wore her bumblebee costume outside and so I jumped at the chance for some serious peer pressure. I told Courtney that Elise had a monkey and she immediately said "Elise..Monkey." So we went inside and Elise refused when I asked if she wanted to wear her monkey, but Courtney looked right at her and said "Elise..Monkey..ON." Elise kind of roller her eyes, hesitated, but stuck out an arm so I could put it on her. She wore it and had no problem on Halloween wearing it=) Hopefully Elise doesn't always fall so easily to peer pressure, but for now it's good- maybe the potty training will get more consistent if Courtney demands she do it=)
The pumpkin man on here was created by Angela, my co-worker, and I, for our hospital's pumpkin decorating contest. Sadly, the Michael Jackson getting a colonoscopy pumpkin beat ours, but hey there's always next year! haha!!
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween and that the holidays coming up treat you right!
5 comments:
She looked darling! Peer pressure is ONLY good when it benefits us parents!
Elise is the cutest monkey!!! Her eyes are so gorgeous, so blue. Love them. Good job guys.
hilarious! What are you brainwashing your child into already..peer pressure? Haha, we actually were about to get the same costume, but they didn't have Will's size. Will definitley could have tempted Elise to get hers on if he had one too.
AWESOME pumpkin.
Elise looks absolutely Uh-dorable!
I may need to borrow this "Courtney"
awww she is so cute!!! I miss her lil face!
Post a Comment