Well this past month has been quite a fun one. We woke up one weekend to find not the end of the world, as the pictures may suggest, but the Monroe Airport Airshow. The airport is about 2 miles from our house, so we perched in a nice field nearby and watched a free show. You could even hear a bit of what the announcer was saying- Yes we are as cheap as they come. Elise liked the helicopters the most- which weren't even really part of the show, just guide helicopters I am pretty sure. In other Elise news, she used the potty 4 times yesterday, butttt had 3 accidents- one including poop on the hardwood floor...long story but disgusting nevertheless! She is not sure about the whole wearing big girl underwear thing. She is terrified of just about everything- and I think she may be afraid of wearing them... Strange child=) She now can count to 10 all by herself and does it many many times a day- it's pretty funny to hear her just counting away for fun. She can almost make it to 20, all the teens get a bit jumbled but most are there. She is learning her colors too. She has a harder time saying them when we ask her on demand, but is pretty good at identifying which is which when we supply the word. She is talking like crazy now. Some phrases she enjoys are "Get it off!"- which she tells the vacuum, her jacket, and her diaper when she wants to get in the bathtub. She says "Where'd it go?" about a million times a day along with "I don't know!" She is stringing together ideas too like "Sippy drink it" and "Food eat it." She loves to sing- she can sing most of her abc's a lot of the Little Mermaid songs (her favorite movie), this song called Alice, Popcorn popping, and Twinkle twinkle little star. She makes me laugh every single day and is so much fun to be with. She has been throwing a few premature "terrible-2" fits, but discipline is always enforced or I would go insane and I refuse to have a "wal-mart" child- you know the ones that run rampant and make everyone around them miserable=)?! So Time-outs work pretty well with her and talking her through things. She is now saying "Thanks" without being asked which makes me smile every time. She loves to snuggle still and loves her friends and extended family. She is wonderful I must say, but she is mine so I am sure I am biased=)
Some of the other pictures on here are from the Sammis early Thanksgiving we had with his family and our friends Kristen & Adam and Lauren & Joey. It was a ton of fun and the food was magnificent. I really liked not having to split Thanksgiving- there is only so much EVEN I can eat in one day! There has been a sufficient amount of time in between so I am looking forward to gorging once again on the real Thanksgiving. Enjoy the pictures and my baby bump! Less than three months to go- that's insane I say!
2 comments:
Cute baby bump!! You are so tiny!
So I'd like to know your tips on how to avoid the "Wal-Mart child." Oh boy are we in the throes of that right now! I thought the terrible twos didn't start till they were two!! Paige is getting SO bad to shop with. Some times I just get up and leave the store so I don't give in to her tantrums, but that is not always practical either so I don't really know what is the best answer. Also, I'm jealous you are so close to being done potty training! It's still a "work in progress" over here. :)
you look amazing nat! Elise is a doll. I know you and bry will not have a walmart child.
Post a Comment