


So I got creative.... A friend by the name of Angie Archibald came over yesterday and helped me discover my subconscious decorating fears...I decided I would face those fears and first and foremost decorate with things that I actually like and have an attached meaning to and to use colors other than black, brown, and tan. I have never been good at picking out decorations or placing things just so, so I have decided to lean heavily my photography creativity for inspiration in decorating. My first project- above the pantry door in the kitchen. At first I was going to just take all kinds of kitcheny pictures (I was thinking forks, wooden spoons, glasses...) but then I thought of dear Angie and her advice and I dug deeper- So I asked myself, "What do we like? What do we eat?" and immediately I thought of pasta and marinara sauce. So I grabbed some tomatoes from the fridge, snipped some rosemary off of my tiny half dying plant on the windowsill, and poured a glass of milk that was supposed to resemble cream (you know to represent those wild and crazy nights when we switch it up to alfredo! I know we live on the edge..) So I set up a little art studio in a cove where I had my Christus statue and went to work. When I got the pictures I wanted I sent them over to walgreens from the computer, then whisked the children in the car to pick them up. As I was putting them up Angie actually stopped by with a little present (a red lantern holder thingee.. see how educated I am at decorating...) to help my house build some character. It is on top of the fridge and looks quite adorable- so thank you Angie for the bird feeder/lantern thingamajig and for the inspiration too actually make something creative for my house!
3 comments:
I love how you decorated with your favorite foods- and I know how much you guys love pasta. You're amazing natalie! Sounds like you are embracing the change of life Heavenly Father has given your family. Way to go on the marathon! I just did my first 10k this morning:) feels good. Your little man carson...I can't believe he started walking at 6 months?! He must have your running legs. have fun in the new place!
Holy smokes! Carson is SO BIG! When I was looking at the pics below, I thought it was of another boy doing a photo shoot. :) I just remember him when you visited at my house when he was what, 5 months? If that? Crazy how fast they grow! He's a handsome little boy. :) Love the tractor pics. I do live close by! (Fairfax) And I'm hoping to go to ikea in the next couple of weeks. Then I'll be in denver for the entire summer (with justin's work) but we definitely need to get together!
Wow that's really neat! How cool you took the pictures too! Good luck with the rest of the decorating.
Post a Comment