Sammis Family

Sammis Family

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy times!






Well summer has officially begun because Elise and I go to the pool regularly. Its a great thing- we swim around together for about 20 to 30 minutes and then Elise takes a little nap in her stroller (covered up- don't worry paranoid mothers...I won't mention names! haha). You'll find me reading John Grisham novels like its my job for the next hour or so. Life is pretty sweet I have to say!

My new job is going great! I love getting paid for helping people. I worked a health fair for special olympic athletes this past friday and it was entertaining to say the least! I was measuring their height and weight and then calculating their BMI (body mass index) and if they were overweight I would talk to them and teach them some basic tips for lowering it. I asked this one girl what vegetables she liked to try to encourage her to choose to eat healthier and she just screamed with arms in the air "french fries!!!!!!!!!" I was pretty much shocked and responded, "Noooooooo." But to little avail because for the next five minutes she just kept raising up those arms and yelling "french friiiiiiies!" It was awesome--except for the fact that she thinks french fries are vegetables... Anywho I love my job.

In other news...bry and I saw a car catch fire and burn to smitherines while the fire department tried to put it out. It was at our favorite park and I had pulled in to find the car up in flames and the owner yelling that the fire department was on its way. Well the fire department came and blocked anyone from coming in or out of the park. This was bad becuase bry (driving like grandma moses as usual hehe) got stuck behind the fire trucks (we were meeting for lunch). Unfortunatley I was stuck inside with Elise and he was outside with our lunch! there were no other entrances or exits and its heavily wooded and on a busy street so eventually bry just had to turn around after waiting for a while and head back to work...with my lunch! So I was finally freed after 45 minutes and I had to go pick up my food from bry and laugh with him about the crazy events! Elise and I had fun eating together in the Carmax parking lot=) Well Elise is beckoning once more so I hope you enjoy these little pictures and our stories!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

summer is the best!! i just got home last week and spent all saturday at the pool!! only if it could be every day like you!! i'm jealous!!