Elise had her 4 month check-up today and she was referred to as Elise and not Elsie for the first time by the nurse today! I know we're in the south but I really did think nurses should know how to read!!! Haha- the nurses are really good honestly though, they just have a tough time with the name. Elise was just loving all the attention from the nurses and receptionists who refer to her as the little "round" baby! She gave them lots of smiles so they love her. Then we went to the room and Elise was smiling and squealing when the nurse (who gave her the shots last time) came in and was just talking and then said "we're gonna have to give her shots today" and immediately Elise put out her bottom lip and literally started crying. As soon as I looked at her and said it's ok she stopped crying and was fine- it was almost eery! I wonder how much she actually understands... They weighed her in at 17 pounds 6 ounces and length of 25 and a half inches. Her head circumference is 42 centimeters. She is almost off the charts and is in the 90th and 95th percentiles for those stats. The doctor said she is more like a 6 month old than a 4 month old. I have definitely noticed when comparing her to other babies. At least I know she has some serious energy built up in all those rolls! I just love her to death! She only cried for about 15 seconds after her shots and then has been happy the rest of the day.
I started work this week. I had orientation for a few days and Bry's mom, Chris watched her for 2 days, bless her soul! Elise was great for her and I'm pretty sure they both had quite a fun time together. I have my first health fair tomorrow from 7 am to noon which I am really looking forward too. I think I'm going to love my new job!
I am looking forward to father's day and excited to celebrate with bry and my family who are coming up on Sunday. We are going to do it Conklin style and chow down! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment